Our last week of classes was awesome and we ended the week with a small party with food. We successfully cleaned and moved out of our apartment and celebrated with a hike up to mer du glace. Mer de glace is a glacier that is up to the right of Chamonix. It was a lovely two hour hike up then we rested ate lunch and hiked down.
Hopefully with more time we will have even more adventures. Below I have included some pictures from our hike. I am so happy to be staying, the closer we came to leaving the more unthinkable it was to leave. We have made so many friends here and I have fallen in love with Chamonix.
This was the farmers market that takes place in Chamonix centre every Saturday morning. We bought fresh vegetables amd cheese from it for our hike.
This was a vegetable sold at the market; I have no idea what it is but it's probably one of the coolest vegetables I've ever seen.
This was halfway up our hike, we had to stop for pictures it was to beautiful to not.
This was at the train station for people who didn't want to make the hike up. Mer de glace is behind us to the right. It has receded greatly in the past few years and is now much harder to access for climbers.
This is where we stopped for lunch, from here you could contuine the trail contouring the mountain, unfortunately we left to late in the day and had to go down from here. Though, I can't complain it was an amazing hike.








No comments:
Post a Comment