Monday, October 14, 2013

To much love?

I now have less than a week in chamonix. I am so sad with this ever impending departure. I really do love it here. We finally got to hang out with some French people and it sealed the deal. Between the mountains, the people, the culture chamonix is amazing. It has been snowing here which has of course only made me wish I could stay for the winter to ski and see Chamonix full swing. Especially now that we have close friends here and favorite places it makes the thought of leaving painful.

This past weekend was great. Friday we went to a French play with some people from our class. Honestly most of it went over my head as it was a one person single act play in fancy French, but the music was beautiful and the acting was superb. Saturday we enjoyed the fruits of France literally from this delicious farmers market. I also got the best crepe I ever had. It was a galette, meaning it was cooked with whole wheat flour, a specialty of the are. Also, in it was goat and Camembert cheese, onions, ham, balsamic vinegar and honey. It was mind blowingly delicious. We spent the afternoon climbing and then hung out with some French kids our age we met!

Today we took a leisurely breakfast, went rock climbing and are currently trying to download a movie in McDonald's. I never imagined myself relying on McDonald's but I have come to for Internet. Luckily I am not obligated to buy anything and get free Internet.

Im hoping with this last week we can visit all the little shops we haven't yet, and that it will keep snowing. Our last week of classes I'm sure will be good and even though I'm sad for this leg of the adventure to end I'm sure the next bit will bring just as much adventure.

I thought it was about time I posted some pictures that show my daily life in chamonix. 

This is the Main Street
Our living room
Our bedroom/hallway
The rock gym we climb at
Chamonix with fresh snow yesterday morning
The view from our favorite cafe
The view from our balcony of the fresh snow
Our Danish friend with the most delicious, largest loaf of bread ever from our favorite panier








No comments:

Post a Comment